Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Carmelo Says He Never Received Texts from Amare


Carmelo Anthony said Monday night that he never received a text message from Amar'e Stoudemire telling him that he wants Anthony to play alongside him in New York.

"I've read that, that he supposedly texted me," Anthony said of rumors. "I didn't get it. I didn't get that text."

Anthony refuted the report by Yahoo! Sports from mid-January, but didn't say whether he spoke to any members of the Knicks.

George Karl said that he always felt as though Anthony had a good chance to remain with the Nuggets for the entire season.

"I have always felt from the way beginning of the season that the chance of that happening was far greater than all you all thought -- of being with our team the whole year," Karl said. "I just felt that way from the first day of training camp, from September, I've always felt that way. I'm trying to be prepared for anything, but if that happens we can get excited about being a very, very good team."

Anthony says he hasn't spoken to members of Denver's front office in recent days about new developments.

No comments:

Post a Comment