Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Bulls' Noah eyes Feb. 24 as return date from thumb surgery


In mid-December, Chicago Bulls center Joakim Noah(notes) underwent surgery for a torn ligament in his right thumb. Bulls.com reports that the pin is set to come out on Jan. 25 and Noah hopes to be back in the lineup by Feb. 24 when his team takes on the Miami Heat.
"It's been long and sometimes frustrating not being able to be out there with my teammates," Noah said Monday, according to the site. "Physically, I feel pretty good. I've been doing a lot of cardio and working out. I feel strong and I'll be ready to get back and help the team."
The Bulls have been doing pretty well even without the 6-11 25-year-old center, who was averaging 14 points, 11.7 rebounds and 2.7 assists per game before the injury. The Bulls have gone 7-3 in the last 10 games, are undefeated in division games, and are in third place in the Eastern Conference with an overall record of 28-13.
"I'm just trying to control what I can control right now," Noah said. "I'm all about getting this pin out of my finger and getting my hand back to 100 percent. Hopefully it's before that because I would love to play in that game."

No comments:

Post a Comment