Monday, January 17, 2011

Next Season Could Be Jamison's Last

Antawn Jamison has already started to think about retirement, saying that next season could be his last in the NBA.

"Definitely," Jamison said in an interview with FanHouse when asked if retirement was a possibility.

"I've done a lot, man. This is my 13th year and next year will be my 14th year. A lot of people don't get the opportunity to say that they've played for that many years. And to know that I've left everything I throw on the court has been a blessing for me."

Jamison, making $13.36 million this season and $15.08 million next season, says he could sign for an additional year but that would be it.

"I know the window of opportunity is closing in ... for my career," said Jamison. "Physically, I can play the game for another five or six years. Mentally, I got another one or two years in me. I can live with that. I've enjoyed my career and done a lot of things. The only thing I got to do is to win a championship. But I got one more year left on my contract. If nothing happens by then, I can be happy with it being a career unless an opportunity comes up to play for one year after that.

"But I got four kids (ranging in age from 1 to 10 with wife Ione). I've been away from home a long time. There's nothing wrong with being daddy day care and just enjoy life with them. I can actually see myself doing that (after next season). ... I'll go to PTA meetings."

No comments:

Post a Comment