Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Neal Enjoying Dream Rookie Season


Spurs guard Gary Neal has been a major contributor off the bench this season.

After spending three seasons playing basketball in Europe, the 26-year-old rookie hopes to never wake up from his NBA dream.

"I couldn't have written a script that would have been better than this is right now," Neal said.

"As far as the team goes, we've got the best record in the NBA, and as far as me playing, I'm playing more, and better, than I thought I could play."

He is averaging 8.7 points in 18.7 minutes per game.

While he would love to participate in the Rookie-Sophomore game scheduled for All-Star weekend, he isn't getting ahead of himself.

"To be honest with you, we have 15 games before then, and anything could happen between now and then," Neal said. "The rotation could change, or anything. I just take it day to day, one game at a time."

No comments:

Post a Comment