Friday, January 21, 2011

Phil Jackson Still Plans To Leave Lakers


Phil Jackson still intends to retire at the end of the season, according to Lakers vice president Jeanie Buss, who is also Jackson's longtime girlfriend.

"No. This will be his last year with the Lakers," Buss said when asked by the New York Times if Jackson has waived at all in his decision.

"He wants to make sure that the players know that so that they don't leave anything out there because there's nothing worse for a player than living with regrets. 'What could have been had we just made the right decision or done the right thing.' So he wanted to make sure they knew, this is our last time together.

"Now, what Phil does after this, only Phil knows. I don't know if he's going to retire. Me and my opinion? I can't see him being retired. I don't know what's going to keep him occupied. He's so competitive. He's so good at coaching. Can I see him coaching another team in the NBA? Yes. Can I see him having his own cooking show? Yes. He's a person that is very productive, but he's going to have to decide what he's going to do."

No comments:

Post a Comment